Dear Arlington County legal community –
As the public health situation regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to evolve, the health and well-being of our members and community are our highest priorities. We are tracking developments with COVID-19, and will keep you updated on any adjustments to our operations and events in response to those developments and based on recommendations from Arlington County and the Virginia State Bar.
The ACBA is also working to curate credible information and resources as they relate to the legal community. Below are resources that may be useful and help in your planning.
Announcements from Arlington County Courts
Announcements from Other Northern Virginia Jurisdictions
Announcements from the Supreme Court of Virginia
The Supreme Court of Virginia is compiling and updating announcements from Virginia appellate and local courts, which can be found here: COVID-19 Appellate and Local Court Information.
Announcements from the
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- General Order No. 2020-15 (re: Cessation of the U.S. Courthouse in Newport News as the District's Emergency Judicial Center) (May 14, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-14 (re: Face Coverings and Social Distancing in Courthouses Across the District) (May 14, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-11 (re: Temporary Policy for Remote Proceedings and Public Access to Such Proceedings) (Apr. 7, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-09 (re: Authorization to Use Video Teleconferencing or Telephone Conferencing Pursuant to the CARES Act) (Mar. 30, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-08 (re: Temporary Closure of Clerk's Office Public Counters) (Mar. 26. 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-07 (re: Extension to the Modification of Court Operations: Supplement to Gen. Order 2020-02) (Mar. 24, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-06 (re: Computation of Time Under the Speedy Trial Act, 18 U.S.C. § 3161) (Mar. 23, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-03 (re: Temporary Continuance of Court Proceedings and Restrictions on Visitors to Courthouses) (Mar. 16, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-02 (re: Jury Selections, Jury Trials, and Grand Jury Proceedings) (Mar. 13, 2020)
- General Order No. 2020-01 (re: Misdemeanor, Traffic, and Petty Offense Dockets for All Divisions of the E.D. of Virginia) (Mar. 12, 2020)
Announcements from Arlington County